Job Summary: The Minister of Music and Children is responsible for the music programs and children’s ministry of the church. The music minister role includes leading, planning, and implementing blended worship services as directed by the church and Pastor. The children’s minister role includes oversight for the entire children’s ministry to ensure a smoothly operating, safe and effective program that points kids to Jesus.
Application: Send résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please submit all résumés in a .pdf format)
Anticipated Time Commitments (Full time: 40+ Hours/week)
Roughly half of the time will be spent in music ministry, and half in children’s ministry.
Worship Ministry Responsibilities/Duties
- The candidate will embrace a broad spectrum of music that spans traditional hymns to contemporary praise and worship.
- The person will possess the ability to recruit, equip, and supervise volunteers in the ministry.
- The person is primarily responsible for leading the church in worship.
- Work in coordination with the Pastor to plan and conduct all worship services.
- Coordinate, develop and oversee the church’s organized music programs including choir and praise team rehearsals.
- Personally plan, conduct and encourage the musical and spiritual growth of the music ministry.
- Assist in shepherding those volunteers involved with the music ministry.
- Can learn and use presentation software (e.g. EasyWorship).
- Be responsible for enlisting persons to participate in and provide leadership for the music ministry.
- Provide financial planning, budgeting, and administration of the music ministry, in cooperation with the stewardship committee.
- Account for the purchase and maintenance of all music ministry materials and equipment.
- Prepare an annual music ministry calendar of events in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
- Seek opportunities for the music ministry to participate in evangelistic outreach.
- Directly supervise, and schedule, volunteers for sound booth and multi-media positions.
Children’s Ministry Responsibilities/Duties
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the children’s ministry.
- Approve all children’s ministries programs, curricula, activities and disbursement of funds for supplies and projects, keeping within budgeted amount.
- Participate in church staff meetings.
- Oversee children’s church (Sunday Morning children’s program). Work with children’s church volunteers to plan weekly programs and participate as needed.
- Be available to counsel and pray with children regarding spiritual matters.
- Plan, coordinate and lead all the church children’s special events and programs such as Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival, Easter Event, Christmas Programs, special music presentations, etc. and get all the necessary volunteers for said events along with their training.
- Look out for the safety of all involved in children’s ministry:
- Ensure safety protocols are always in place.
- Screen children’s workers and leaders before placing them in ministry. This includes, but is not limited to, personal interviews and background checks.
- Background check results are to be kept in a confidential folder, locked file cabinet or safe in the church office.
- Approve/disapprove workers and leaders for service in the children’s ministry.
- Investigate any complaints regarding children’s ministry workers. Discuss complaints/problems with workers when warranted. Document and report serious matters to the proper authorities, pastor, and personnel committee.
- Agree to the church’s statement of faith (the Baptist Faith and Message 2000).
- Live a lifestyle of Biblical Christianity in keeping with the faith and practice of this church.
- The person will be required to submit to a background check, and can meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Other church duties as assigned by the Pastor.