Job Purpose: The purpose of this position, which is viewed as a ministry, is to support pastoral staff at Grand Island Baptist Church.
Job Summary: The Ministry Assistant position is a 4 day, 32 hour work week. Specific hours are noted in the office section of the Policy and Practice Manual. The Ministry Assistant must be a professing Christian whose lifestyle is in keeping with the faith and practice of this church. The ministry assistant must also understand the nature of ministry within the local church. Since confidentiality is of the utmost importance for this position, financial and personal information of church members may not be discussed outside the office.
Application: Send résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please submit all résumés in a .pdf format)
Ministry Assistant Position
- Receives incoming phone calls
- Act as receptionist for the Pastor
- Types correspondence assigned by the Pastor or staff
- Responsible for keeping the church calendar updated
- Check mail daily
- Maintains church membership information (phone numbers, addresses, etc.)
- Maintains file of invoices and receipts
- Keeps business office in an orderly fashion.
- Prepare bulletins, Weekly Prayer Sheet and other Handouts for Sunday and Wednesday worship services; copy Children’s Ministry bulletins.
- Prepare items for video projection.
- Copy music for pianist and other musicians as required.
- Enter weekly tithing records.
- Organizes and forwards Tear-Off sheets to notify ministry leaders of needs.
- Correspondence and administrative support as required.
- Keeps track of membership in Servant Keeper Database
- Prepares and Distributes New Member Packets
- Print reports for business meetings.
- Send reminders to deacons of meetings
- Assists with the preparation of the annual church profile.
- Order offering envelopes
- Prepare end of the year tithing records
- Schedule and coordinate information with couples regarding weddings and assist wedding coordinators.
- Update and maintain volunteer profile to include background checks.
- Help Sunday School program administratively as needed.
- Notify Pastor and Ministry Leaders regarding church members who are hospitalized or disabled; births, deaths, weddings and other events of church members and families of members.
- Assist with special events, to include advertising, as needed.
- Records and acknowledges memorial gifts, sending notes to family of the memorialized.
- Help schedule Building maintenance
- Assist the community with benevolence requests
- Perform Church Clerk duties as needed
- Keep track of Southern Baptist Missions to promote in the church bulletin. Order supplies as needed for this.
- Keep up with the news of the Lake County Baptist Association and advertise events and other information as needed.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Pastor.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Cordial and professional conduct and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to confidentiality of personal information of the congregation and staff.
- Ability to organize and administer information.
- Ability to follow through with details.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and church management software.
- Timely attendance with ability to vary schedule when needed.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, stoop, kneel, sit and stand for long periods of time; lift up to 20 pounds.